Thursday, February 2, 2017

So this had to change... already

When I started this blog, all of a week ago, I really wanted to make this a really good, in depth, HGC Heroes of the Storm blog. After one weekend of covering HGC here and on Twitter, I'm already drained. What ended up happening was between 12 matches I needed to watch, clips I was taking off of Twitch (by the way, thank you Twitch for making clipping so easy. If Facebook live is going to be hosting Heroes of the Dorm, they have a lot to live up to), and trying to write up some analysis of the matches, I had put in over 35 hours of work in three days.

35 hours.

I wasn't enjoying the matches. I was working, looking for clips, and taking notes on stuff to write for recaps. Suddenly, my favorite new activity of the last year became an unpaid job that I was pushing myself to do. It wasn't fun. It was so unfun that I didn't bother doing the Sunday recap.

I want this to be fun.

I want this to have good information in a digestible format so you can get a quick look at what's going on.

So, here's what's going to happen:

  1. I'm going to stop clipping so much on Twitter. 
  2. Recaps are going to be two Tweet size. 
  3. In-depth analysis will be saved for a mid-week post 
  4. Predictions are still coming. I'm 20-4 over two weeks. I'm not stopping that. 
  5. Tweets will be geared towards cheering for teams, clever observations, and obvious attempts to get on the stream and make Dreadnaught crack. Again. 
I cannot tell you how much I love HGC and watching competitive Heroes. This has become my favorite sport to watch, and I have had more fun watching it over the last year than I have had in all of my life being a sports fan - that said, I'm a fan of Detroit teams, so that makes a lot more sense when you consider the Lions. 

If you find this blog useful or enjoyable, great! Please let me know. 

I'll still do it, even if it's just me putting out noise.

If for no other reason, I want to keep documenting my NA/EU picks.

Those are coming up next. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog and happy that you do it, helps remind me of what happened. I also love watching HGC I'm so happy they are doing this and it's the perfect time right after the NFL!

    ReplyDelete